Thursday 4 February 2016

The trials of an illustrator


So the positives of being self-employed and an artist working from home? Well yes you are your own boss and the hours are your own, but there is no one who will ring you if you don't turn up for work, or indeed tell you off if you work until the early hours in the morning.

For me the toughest part is the lack of colleagues and the tremendous amount of self-motivation it requires when you don't feel in a creative mode or indeed you have so many things that could be done, but can't decide where to start.

So I have decided to set myself a goal. In between the commissions and when I need a break on working on something, I will get into the habit of coming up with a doodle/illustration a day.

The first one, starting today. It was a quirky idea that popped into my head and so I thought I would put it on paper. So here it is one for the Valentines or for those who just want to smile.

apple of my eye

apple of my eye without the line





No comments:

Post a Comment